The last four years have been busy! Here are some highlights:
- Linked Short Term Rentals to affordable housing. 50% of the collected transient occupancy tax goes towards funding affordable housing.
- Seaside is in better financial shape now than at any time in recent history. We have new diversified revenue streams and emergency reserves are fully funded.
- Approved solar for City Hall, which will reduce City operating expenses.
- Assured the preservation of a 50 acre community park that had been overlooked for inclusion in our General Plan.
- Seaside is the first city on Peninsula, (perhaps in the county) to commit to Monterey Bay Community Power, providing cleaner power options for ratepayers.
- The Broadway improvements were completed with bike paths and low impact development techniques.
- The major renovation of Cutino Park is approved with a design and budget.
- Established Council liaisons to city committee/commissions, providing for better awareness and communications for all.
- Held monthly constituent meetings to hear concerns, ideas, and opinions from my neighbors.
- Significantly reduced the amount of illegal fireworks, through increased enforcement, and the approval of a well-attended City sponsored fireworks display.
- Established a diverse revenue stream which improves Seaside's financial status.
- Negotiated longer term (up to 3 years) employment benefits contracts with city employees while bringing pay to “parity” with other cities
- Increased the number of public safety and public works positions.
Campbell for Council 2018, P.O. Box 321, Seaside, CA 93955